Saturday, March 9, 2013

The New Toddler Markers

Marks on a Paper


We tried the new toddler markers this morning, and they do work better.  They still aren't perfect, but Ryan seems to be able to get a better grip on them. Also, the marker tip sticks out more, so if I set him up on the page, and he moves it, it's easier for him to make a mark.

These are the markers I got.

I found a colouring book, and first I did HOH colouring with Ryan, as we have been doing at S.C.  This is where I hold my hand over his, and he initiates the movement of the marker across the page.


Next, for the fun of it, I tried to get him to hold the marker and draw independently.  All I did was set up his grip on the marker and put the tip of the marker on the page.  He moved the marker on his own and made his first independent marks on a page!


Considering he is having a fussy morning, this is pretty amazing.  Of course, Ryan's natural inclination to mouth everything took over; sometimes I wasn't fast enough to block him, so he ended up with a bit of a marker mustache. Thank goodness they are easily washable and non-toxic. ;)

Track Lover

Ryan is still "addicted to track." This morning, after we did some "push the train" homework, he grabbed a piece and was running around with it in his mouth. I had to laugh because the way he was holding it in his mouth made it look like a smile, even though he was grouchy! He did this at the S.C. one time last week, too, and the therapists thought it was funny. ;)

1 comment:

  1. this little guy has gorgeous eyes!
    Luv, Grama Marty

    ReplyDelete